What if someone becomes the victim of a crime while on the job? Should they file with Workers’ Compensation or the Virginia Victims Fund?

If someone is injured by a crime while they are on the job, they should file with the Workers’ Compensation Commission and the Virginia Victims Fund. Workers’ Compensation will consider the claim first. Once Worker’s Compensation has made a decision about the claim, the victim should provide that decision letter to VVF. VVF will cover any expenses that Workers’ Compensation does not cover.